because if you don't tell the world about your running, are you even really doing it? (just kidding)

Sunday, March 20, 2005

spinoff

most tv spinoffs don't do so well. i refuse to believe the joey is even going to approach the success of friends, for example. and george from seinfeld? what was all that about?

but then there's frasier. which (in my opinion) beats cheers anytime.

and now there's this blog: a spinoff of my very own.

mainly i want to use it to track my running, so i can have a place to wax ecstatically about some great run or bitch about doing 10 miles on the treadmill (which i've done, multiple times, and sometimes it sucks).

i suppose i could introduce myself and my rather eclectic athletic history, but i'll save that for a later post. right now, i'll just say that i had a fabulous 12-mile trail run this morning, going at just under 10:00/mile. it was challenging because there were many hills, and because i am not used to talking while i run, but it was beautiful because the weather was perfect and because it wasn't on the treadmill.

i'm currently training for my second half-marathon in charlottesville (virginia) which is on april 16th. my goal? i guess just to go a little faster than my last half (ok, my only half), which i ran at 2:11, or just 10 minutes/mile. i don't think this will be a stretch as i was super-careful to take it very easy on the first one, and finished feeling like i had just done a long but relatively easy workout. which i suppose is really what it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home